HYDROGEN, SYNGAS &
Due to the effects of greenhouse gas emissions, there is an ever-increasing need for gaseous fuels which have either a reduced carbon footprint, or no carbon footprint. One area where this is possible is in decarbonising natural gas-fired systems via substituting natural gas, either partially or fully, with hydrogen.
BIOGAS, SYNGAS AND HYDROGEN GAS TREATMENT AND CONDITIONING
Uniquip can provide equipment to remove CO2, H2S, and H2O from hydrogen, syngas or biogas streams, and can also include a compression package to get the gas to the pipeline pressure or consumer inlet pressure.
CONVERTING FIRED EQUIPMENT TO GREEN FUELS
Uniquip can also help our clients convert existing fired equipment, such as boilers, hot oil heaters, fired heaters, water bath heaters and hot water heaters, to green fuels. Aspects where we can help include:
- Investigating the optimal fuel, whether it be Syngas, Biogas, H2, NG or a mixture thereof.
- Firing Studies, over 30 years of experience specifically in the field of firing equipment on fuels that it was not originally intended to fire on. These studies include the radiant and convective heat transfer, pressure drop, heat flux and metal temperatures. From these studies, we recommend any changes needed to the equipment or system for the new fuel.
- Upgrading the fuel valve train and burner for the new fuel.
- Upgrading the control system for the new fuel.
- Providing Hazardous Area classification and provision of IECEx compliant systems.